Friday, March 16, 2007

"Cakes are supposed to be light"...who says!!!

Today was a frustrating day, full of arguments...it might be the crazy hot weather that is making everyone go crazy but tempers are flaring today...and since I work with my bro, I have been arguing with him all day today and none of us were willing to give in.

We went out for lunch and he mentioned that he needed me to drop him off at Gama to buy a birthday cake from Four Leaves...we went to GP for lunch first then when we left he reminded me of the cake and asked me to go to Gama and I was like...so far ah...no parking some more, so I suggested Jenny's cake house to him and he immediately said "NO LA, Jenny's cakes are TERRIBLE, I dunno why anyone would even buy her cakes, the last time I bought one for freaking 40 bucks and I took one mouth and I already cannot take the second"...I was like..wah, which cake did you buy from her that gave you such a reaction? her cakes are generally good, not the best, but edible & good, it is one of the most popular cake shops in Penang...I find her cakes not too bad, some are in fact pretty good...for a dessert queen like me, I thought her cakes were quite alrite and not too expensive...good for birthdays...so I asked him y he tot they were bad and he said cakes are supposed to be light..."???????????"...Jenny's is very rich and filling, he says...

Although I felt my temper rising already, I told him patiently that it is not jenny's cakes that r not nice, but it is him who prefers light cakes...it is NOT that cakes r supposed to be light...there is no such thing...there is no rule that says that cakes are supposed to be light...but only that he PREFERS light cakes...so I argued n said that he shld just say that he does not like jenny's becos he prefers light cakes...but he cannot just say that they r so terrible that he does not understand y any1 would even buy it...it indirectly indicates that we, ppl who buy her cakes, r either stupid or do not know wat real cakes are supposed to be like...this made me piss...I insisted that it is just simply personal preferance, he likes light cakes, that's all...it is probably a stupid argument, but I just couldnt take his statement...hahaha...

My MSN horoscope sent me this today...

"Something or someone may be charging right at you fast and furiously today, Jessie. Take their words with a grain of salt. They could very well be full of a great deal of hot air. Stick with what you know to be real. Something may be rubbing you the wrong way and there might be a slight disturbance in your daily routine. Be patient and levelheaded. Sit down and have someone rub your shoulders for a while. Try not to take things too seriously."

...hahaha...coincidence??? oh well...so, I think I'll go shopping to relax myself now...Have a great weekend, guys...................... :)

2 comments:

~ VinnY ~ said...

light cakes??? try pastries or cup cakes lahh weii...HAahahaha!!!!

~JEST~ said...

YA!!! Tell me about it, I was so pissed!!!