BYE BYE

BOW WOW!!!
Kong Hei Fatt Choi!!! It is the time of the year again...for lion & dragon dances...loud drums...firecrackers & fireworks...red packets...mandarin oranges, cookies & food...it is the fat season...lots of sweet, high calorie foods that makes you wanna run to the gym for a 5-hour workout...it is also the HOT & dry season which makes house visiting a pain sometimes...all hot & sweaty...but yet we have to sit there nicely with a smile on our faces...and eat anything & everything that has been offered to us, we cannot say "no"...when the hosts say "eat, eat, take some of this and that", we, as guests, have to obediently take them with a smile...hence, the fat & weight we gain during this festive season...but, a good excuse for us to indulge in these sinful foods...
...in recent years, I've felt that the CNY mood has been drastically reduced...every yr it seems as though the CNY is becoming such a drag...nowadays, most ppl rather go out of the country for a holiday to avoid the whole CNY hoo-hah...the first thing that spoiled the CNY mood was the ban on firecrackers & fireworks, but of cos, there are some illegal ones in the market, and certain places can have a limited amount of firecrackers with the MPPP's permission...although I do agree that they are very dangerous, however, without the noise & fun of the firecrackers, something seems to be missing...it is too...quiet...CNY is supposed to be noisy & exciting & fun...children going crazy with firecrackers, family gatherings, gambling, catching up with lost time and a time to spend money on new clothing & shoes to dress to impress :P It is so weird that it is only during CNY that most ppl will put effort to wear something different and nice just for the 15 days of CNY :)
As for me, I still look forward to the CNY because of a few obvious reasons...hahaha...firstly, is the ANG POW...of cos, who can say no to ang pows :P secondly, is the LOOOOOONG holidays...this year, we are extremely nice cos we are letting our staff go off for ONE week...last year, it was only for 4 days...so this year we start work on the 6th day...woo hoo...thirdly, is the CNY eve steamboat dinner at home with my family...and lastly, it will be the gambling sessions with my brother's gang...hehehe...
...in recent years, I've felt that the CNY mood has been drastically reduced...every yr it seems as though the CNY is becoming such a drag...nowadays, most ppl rather go out of the country for a holiday to avoid the whole CNY hoo-hah...the first thing that spoiled the CNY mood was the ban on firecrackers & fireworks, but of cos, there are some illegal ones in the market, and certain places can have a limited amount of firecrackers with the MPPP's permission...although I do agree that they are very dangerous, however, without the noise & fun of the firecrackers, something seems to be missing...it is too...quiet...CNY is supposed to be noisy & exciting & fun...children going crazy with firecrackers, family gatherings, gambling, catching up with lost time and a time to spend money on new clothing & shoes to dress to impress :P It is so weird that it is only during CNY that most ppl will put effort to wear something different and nice just for the 15 days of CNY :)
As for me, I still look forward to the CNY because of a few obvious reasons...hahaha...firstly, is the ANG POW...of cos, who can say no to ang pows :P secondly, is the LOOOOOONG holidays...this year, we are extremely nice cos we are letting our staff go off for ONE week...last year, it was only for 4 days...so this year we start work on the 6th day...woo hoo...thirdly, is the CNY eve steamboat dinner at home with my family...and lastly, it will be the gambling sessions with my brother's gang...hehehe...
But there is one thing that I dread the most...questions, questions & questions...lots of questions about when I am getting married :S sigh...I think all of you are nodding your heads in agreement...hahaha...oh well...can't stop them from asking, I guess I'll answer with my usual answers..."soon, soon"...or "don't ask me, ask him"...haha...tai-chi everything to him...heh heh heh...I am going to equip myself well with an auto-reflect "questions"-proof vest this time...haha :P
So, let's welcome OINK OINK year...and say bye bye to BOW WOW year...and may this oink oink year be filled with prosperity and wishing everyone good health and happiness :)
HELLO

OINK OINK!!!
2 comments:
GONG XI FA CAI to you too. Good wealth, health and happiness!!!! so is this year GooD for the Sheep???
Hhhhmmm...I HOPE SO!!! hahaha...apparently I heard that in majority, all are ok...horse is supposed to hv a good yr, but unless your ba-zi clashes with oink oink...otherwise, generally good wor...that's wat I heard, dunno how true...hahaha...so, you will miss out on ang pows again this yr? AAaaaawwww... :P
Post a Comment