Monday, May 28, 2007

Planning a Wedding part II

Thank goodness, Sam has finally assured me that 32 @ The Mansion will be the venue for the 27th October Wedding Dinner. Before this, it was only 99% because a few friends kept giving us suggestions for a venue, but I still much preferred 32 cos they have the experience and the place is really nice. My brother & sister had their wedding dinners there too...hahaha...so now it is my turn to have it there. My first choice was actually Parkroyal Hotel at Batu Feringghi, but we had a concern...we were worried about our heavy drinking guests...for them to drive home through the winding roads back into town can be a little bit dangerous, so we had to find a venue in town and most hotels in town are booked on the 27th already, and we think 32 would be an ideal place, so why not!!! So, thank goodness that is confirmed now...phew!!! Now, only the chinese dinner on the 20th Oct is not confirmed yet, but I am not so worried about that dinner. I will let his family decide and choose the venue cause 95% of the guests at the chinese dinner will be his side of the family...hehe...so my main concern is the 27th Oct event - the MAIN day - THE day...hahahaha...

I have finally met with a designer/tailor for my dress(es), but it is only the first appointment, he will need to source for the material, then meet up with me again a few weeks later. I have also paid the deposit for my hair & make-up...and hair & make-up can be freaking expensive, it will cost me almost RM1,000 for both 20th & 27th. I was shocked...but sigh...it is a necessity cos I cannot do my own make-up & hair! I have also paid the deposit for our pre-wedding photographs. Covershots will be doing it and we have chosen to take our pictures at Cameron Highlands...mainly because the weather is cooler there...LOL...that is the ONLY reason. I love the beach, but Sam thinks it will be too damn HOT & sunny, we would probably get sun-burned by the end of the photo shoot...so we thought, either Bukit Tinggi or Cameron...and a photographer advised that Cameron will have better and more natural buildings as background, so ok lor...I don't mind :) As long as Sam doesn't mind paying for the additional transport & accommodation costs...kekeke...I initially didn't want to take any pre-wedding photographs cos I thought it would be a waste of money, but everyone thought I was mad not to take it, even Sam said "take lor"...hhmm...so ok lor...we will be taking them in July :P I will have to go to KL in June to pick out my dresses for the photo shoot, it should be FUN :)

I have also found a photographer for the event photography and have met up with the florist and decorator and have booked his time for both dates. So, now I guess everything has been pre-booked and I am just going to sit back and wait for everything to fall into place for me to take action and work on them. There is nothing much that I can do now except to wait...wait for his family to confirm the venue for the chinese dinner on the 20th...wait for my designer/tailor to call me back after he finds some suitable material...then I'll be able to start work on the invitation cards, discuss the theme with my florist & decorator, think of the door gifts, find a band, prepare the seating for the guests for both dinners :S - the toughest part of a wedding - and getting our room ready for the pick-up bride and of course for me to move in after the wedding...hhmm...and a few more other things...hahaha...

I am not expecting much for my wedding dinner @ 32...I just want it to be fun, comfortable, cozy and for everyone to mingle around and P.A.R.T.Y.!!! Woo hoo!!! I am just going to try my best to make it a fun event, but I won't be able to please everyone, so I will just try my best and make sure I myself will have fun too...it is my wedding after all! ;)

No comments: