I am finally MARRIED!!! It's been almost one week already, but it feels like as if I have not gone through the wedding yet. It passed by so quickly that I can't really remember what happened...haha...I just know that now I am staying at his house with a ring on my finger :P
After months of planning and stress and running around like a mad woman, it was all worth it. Everything turned out better than expected :) Although there were many things that I could have done better at that time, but I was too tired to think of them. I was surprisingly not very nervous as I thought I'd be...I was rather calm and I was being myself :) The only time that I was a little nervous was the 20 minutes before he managed to "break-in" to the room during the pick-up bride session...haha...
The G Hotel dinner on the 25th of October went on smoothly, thanks to Sharon & Mimi - they did a wonderful job of coordinating everything - and also thanks to a few of Sam's cousins who managed the reception area & ushering. That night ended so quickly, it felt like it lasted only 10 minutes. I was so calm and relaxed that day because I know I have done my best, and whatever happens, happens...and I have already passed on the tasks to Sharon & Mimi and trust that they will do what they can to help...and I was glad I chose the right people to help me cos they did a wonderful job :) Woo hoo!!!
Then on Saturday, Carmen & Sharon stayed over at the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion with me...we woke up early and had coffee...and before we knew it, Sam has arrived (early by 30 minutes) which sent us all in a frenzy to get ready for his arrival, which caused a bit of a chaos at the games & tricks session...he managed to sneak in through the side door and I am still pissed, but will not talk about it here in my blog...and a few days later, I found out who helped him...If "someone" had listened to me, he would not have succeeded, my plans were fail-proof...who knows my husband better than I do?...but apparently someone thought she did...oh well...what to do?...so now the guys will brag about it for a long time to come...damn!!! Anyway, it's over already...but my anger was further fueled by the fact that some guy walked in during my wedding and stole a bunch of expensive things from the office of CFT...wait till I catch this idiot...
My anger was cooled down by the wonderful night we had at 32 @ The Mansion...I was really really exhausted that night, at one point, I felt like I would faint already...but it was such a beautiful night...and I think everyone enjoyed themselves that night...and my wonderful friends gave a singing performance which made that night extra special :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH...you GALS are THE BEST!!!
God is fair...nothing is perfect...we had the bad and the good all happening in one day...
The BAD :(
- "someone" who didn't listen and ruined my fail-proof plan for the tricks & games, just like that, after weeks of careful planning..., now the guys are bragging that they won...sigh!!!
- some idiot who walked in and stole during my wedding, which made them suspect it was one of my guests >:( and now I am working on it to prove them wrong...
- one of our friends drank so much he had to get a jab at the hospital the next day
- Sam cut his hand on a broken wine glass towards the end of the function at 32 and had 3 stitches...
The GOOD :)
- the guys still did 1.1/2 games (and we only had 2 games anyway)...hahaha...so we didn't really lose that much after all...at least they danced in bras and skirts :P and he still gave ang pows to the girls...haha...
- apparently my cousins counted (I dunno how they did it), but Sam is the 100th member of the TAN family...hahaha...
- the bridal car no. plate came up in the lottery..."9262"...and many of his relatives won money, including my brother :) So, they say I brought "money" into the family...hahaha...
- my best GAL friends gave a surprise performance :P I was so happy, no words can describe...but I was so nervous and excited, I didn't know what to say for the speech...but Sam said his "drunk" speech already...hahaha...and I didn't know how to continue from there :P
- it DIDN'T rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was THE best thing that GOD did for me that day...no rain at all...after weeks of rain before that, it just stopped raining that day, it was clear blue skies for that one day...then it rained again on Sunday and didn't stop until today...
- although it was a painful experience for Sam to cut his hand, but in a way, it was good, cos we ended the night early and we could go home to rest earlier than I had expected. I thought I would need to get some guys to carry him home already, cos he already told everyone beforehand that he would not leave 32 until he is totally DRUNK...but, phew!...
So, this is the summary of my wedding...hahaha...
Now...we are in the beginning of a new chapter...although, it does not feel any different from before, but I guess we are walking towards a different phase of our lives...
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GREAT STUFF....sounds really GOOD. besides the part the groom cut his hand on his wedding day. That's disaster that it had to end early... Gosh...Send my regards to him!!!
All in all glad it went well for you...hope you didnt get too upset over other issues.... Memorable in a way...someone stole from your wedding...AAHAHAaha....First time!!!
hahaha...well...the cut serves as a memory for our wedding...hahaha...he said so himself :P it was a small cut but quite deep...
there is always good n bad, nothing is perfect, I accept all the bad that happened becos I am glad & happy for all the good that happened too...it is a balance :)
i can safely say on behalf of all your gal friends (since we're sitting at that last table and hardly leave our seats till the singing session) the night at 32 is a wonderful night. friend flew in from melbourne, friends driving up from KL... its hard to get people together these days. even harder when some getting married soon. its a memorable evening.
i see the happiness in both your parents' eyes. thats very important for weddings. the ceremony, the celebrations are a 'jiao dai'. you guys did well. they are very happy.
jeff
Post a Comment