Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oh, "mother"...

This article was in the Star newspaper today...

123kg of syabu seized, RM5.8mil cash recovered
By KULDEEP S. JESSY
KUALA LUMPUR: Barely 24 hours after police struck at what they believed was the country’s biggest syabu laboratory in Johor, they uncovered the “mother of all drug-processing centres” – a nondescript double-storey house in Taman Botanical, Klang.

mother of all drug-processing centres”??? Hhhhmmm...I am not too sure if this is the right language for the newspapers to use or not, but it seemed kinda weird. When I read it just now, I actually laughed...I don't think that this is the type of reaction they'd expected for this news...I wonder what the writer was thinking when he wrote this. I don't know, but could someone please tell me if this is actually a "proper" language?? Seems wrong to me...especially for the papers to use...I thought it is meant for casual talk when we are with friends...sounded very Singlish or Malayish...hahaha...

2 comments:

~ VinnY ~ said...

The best part is every drug bust is the biggest BUST of the year!!! dont you realised how many BIG BUST our hardworking blue man has done...Jeez???

~JEST~ said...

well, they want the ppl to think that they are doing their jobs, and doing it very well...hehe...Malaysia BOLEH!!!