Shadow, my beloved pet Alaskan Malamute - died 2003
Oscar the LabradorJanuary 8 - "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself." - Josh Billings
A few weeks ago, while Sam & I were in KL, just before Christmas, we made a quick Christmas shopping trip to Mid Valley. As usual, we bought books for Sam's sis & bro for their X'mas presents...hehe...no toys from me...it is all books, too bad if they think it is boring...or if they do not even touch it or read it...I am still going to stick to buying books for them. Maybe when they grow older, I might buy other things, but NO toys from me.
A few weeks ago, while Sam & I were in KL, just before Christmas, we made a quick Christmas shopping trip to Mid Valley. As usual, we bought books for Sam's sis & bro for their X'mas presents...hehe...no toys from me...it is all books, too bad if they think it is boring...or if they do not even touch it or read it...I am still going to stick to buying books for them. Maybe when they grow older, I might buy other things, but NO toys from me.
Anyway, I found a "Every day thoughts calender - Words to Woof by, 365 Smiles for Dog Lovers". The word "for Dog Lovers" caught my attention...I am a dog lover, so it is for ME :P without looking at how much it costs, I picked it up and told Sam, I've got to buy this...he asked, "what's that?", I said it is a calender for Dog Lover's...hahaha...it costs RM29.90 :P This thick calender is the first thing that puts a smile on my face every morning when I reach the office. I will flick it for the next day and read the quotes and smile. Today the quote is, as stated above. I put this same quote on my msn display and Howard asked, "err...should ur disply msg triggered the people thought of asking "how about ur husband/boyfriend?"...confused, I asked him to read the quote properly...first of all, I do think that my dogs loves me more than I love myself :) and secondly, I also think that my dogs are the only thing on earth that loves me more than I love myself. Also, it does not say that "a dog is the only one on earth that loves me"...if this is how it was stated, then yes, he is "probably" right to ask that question. But, first of all, humans are not things, although in my mind & heart, I do not refer to my dogs as things, I treat them like "human beings", but in english, they are referred to as "things", which is quite sad. But, sadly I also do think that the unconditional love that my dogs give me is nothing compared to the love a human can give me. Call me crazy, but which boyfriend/husband will allow their girlfriends/wives to hit & scold them without answering back or putting up a fight? Which boyfriend/husband will allow their girlfriends/wives to hug them while they lay very still for us to hug & kiss. Which boyfriend/husband will sit in front of us patiently and watch us cry our eyes out when we are sad & listen to us nag/complain our hearts out and give us the pity look and give us a kiss when we are done? Which boyfriend/husband will give their girlfriends/wives unlimited number of kisses until we say stop, enough...hahaha...Which boyfriend/husband will be soooooo happy to see their girlfriends/wives that they jump up & down with joy everyday when they we reach home. Which boyfriend/husband will obey their girlfriends/wives when given an instruction? Ah...you see...the answer is NONE...well...maybe 0.000000000000000000001% of the population of the world of men is 1/6 of the things I just described...haha...but this is the fact. Now, I know why I love my dogs sooooooo much.
One month after we bought Homer, we discovered that he had a deadly mange in his body, slowly eating him from the inside...after spending thousands of dollars and after MANY months of treatment, we was finally cured of the deadly mange. In the beginning, we were told by the vet that we should probably just put him to sleep...but no way...if there is a chance of survival, we are going to make sure that we give him that chance. When he was fully cured, the thousands of dollars spent and the time & effort that we had put in was nothing compared to seeing him well & healthy again :)
No comments:
Post a Comment