I watched Pan's Labyrinth a little more than a week ago and thought it was very well done. I liked the fact that it was fantasy yet violent and brutal. The first violent scene gave me such a shock...I stared at the TV, mouth wide open, in shock...If a fly had flown in, I wouldn't have realised it...haha...cos I'd actually thought it was a kid's movie...a kid's fantasy movie, but with all the violence...either Spanish kids are freaking hardcore or this was a fantasy movie meant for adults or matured children...cos the bottle-bashing-nose-breaking scene was horrifying...and the knife-stabbing-and-slicing-of-mouth scene was not too pretty either. It was quite nightmarish in fact. But overall, I would rate this movie an 8/10.

Then I watched Little Miss Sunshine 2 days ago and again, I felt that this movie was good & funny. It had little details here n there that made me laugh so hard...all in all, a weird little heart-warming story of a weird & dysfunctional family. The writer of this movie cleverly brought each character out...it was just so well written...the script was what gave this movie the winning touch. The last part of the movie, the little miss sunshine pagent scene, made me laugh the hardest...that part was really unexpected and clever. So, I give two-thumbs up and a 9/10 for this movie. It was such a simple movie and THAT was what made it so good and clever.


This is what I thought of both these movies...I recommend them...but if you don't like them...then too bad...hahahaha...and thanks to Marc for lending the DVDs to me...hehe...
4 comments:
Bugger...Ur blogspot is a Spoiler LAH! I was gonna watch Pan's Labyrinth this weekend...Turn Off!!! But i must get little miss sunshine now...
LOL...sorry lah! I didn't reveal too much, did I??? :P
Yeah??? I was expecting some charming mythical magical wonders frm the movie...unLike...
"...cos the bottle-bashing-nose-breaking scene was horrifying...and the knife-stabbing-and-slicing-of-mouth scene was not too pretty either..."
LOLOLOLOL...hehehe...this scene really gave me a HUGE shock...I was so shocked that I really did sit there and stare at the TV with my mouth wide open leh...for quite a while...hahaha...sorry loh!!! :P
Post a Comment